Now hiring, send resumes to email@example.com
Retreat House Cleaning Staff: On-call positions require prompt response rate for quick retreat turnovers. Ensure excellence in housekeeping sanitation, safety, and comfort for Retreat House guests. Clean and sanitize bathrooms and bedrooms, restock toiletries and linens.
All positions: wage is dependent on experience.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waverly, Catholic Center, Maintenance Manager
THE CATHOLIC CENTER – WAVERLY, Nebraska
Please read the description below and email inquiries and resumes to Sarah Rohrs, the Retreat House Office Manager, at email@example.com or call 402-786-2705 with questions.
Maintenance Manager (Technician) — Job Description
We are hiring a full-time maintenance manager to join our Catholic Center team. The Catholic Center is made up of three separate entities between Lincoln and Waverly: the Marian Sisters Marycrest Motherhouse, the Villa Marie School and Home for Special Needs Children, and Our Lady of Good Counsel Retreat House. You will be responsible for the overall maintenance and safety of the common grounds, well water system, sewer system, maintenance shop and multiple buildings that make up the Catholic Center Complex . You will routinely inspect buildings, roofs, building exteriors, HVAC systems, turf care equipment, ice and snow removal equipment, and general maintenance equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. Arrange for and oversee professional repairs and installations when necessary. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, facilities, or handiwork, and be able to learn quickly.
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine inspections of premises, buildings, roofs and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Handle basic automobile and equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Handle basic plumbing, painting, and light carpentry and drywall repairs.
- Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Set priorities and maintain good record keeping and inspection schedules.
- Groundskeeping, mowing, tree trimming, and snow removal.
- Maintain accurate inventory of maintenance tools and supplies.
- Work with others and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- On call for emergency outages of heating, cooling, plumbing and snow events.
Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- Age 18, valid driver’s license, high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Related degree from a technical college beneficial but not required.
- Must pass criminal and child safety background checks.
- Ability and stamina to work in Nebraska’s extreme heat, humidity and cold environmental conditions
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 50lbs for a distance of 60 feet.
- Ability to operate tractors, commercial mowing equipment and snow removal equipment.
- Ability to operate chain saws, garden tillers, push mowers snow blowers and hand shovel snow.
- Skilled in the use of common hand and power tools.
- Ability to manage the water and wastewater systems (and acquire a Water System Operators License).
- Ability to traverse tight spaces to maintain heating & cooling equipment including blower fans & filters.
- Ability to disassemble machinery and equipment and replace defective parts and reassemble.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to work with boilers, pumps, pneumatics, chemicals, precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Eye for detail with strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Comfortable working in a Catholic environment.
- Lifestyle, morals and ethics consistent with the Catholic faith.